of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
serving the Coachella Valley since 2001.
"Promoting Excellence in Mental Health Care through Education and Community"
Call for Peer Presentation and
Desert CAMFT is pleased to announce a call for workshop and presentation proposals for our 2019 events calendar.
The Education and Events Committee is seeking introductory, intermediate, and advanced workshop proposals that offer training, share current research and case studies, provide therapeutic tools and techniques as they relate to, but are not limited to, topics such as:
• Aging and Long-term Care
• Working with clients who have Attention Deficit Disorder
• Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Applications of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Child abuse assessment and reporting
• Working with children and adolescents
• Utilization of clinical hypnosis by MFT's
• Couples Issues
• Death and Dying/End of Life Care
• Dual Diagnosis
• Early Childhood Trauma
• Assessment and treatment of eating disorders
• Use of EMDR in the treatment of trauma
• Use of Emotionally Focused Therapy in the treatment of couples
• Evidence Based Treatment
• Expressive Art Therapy in the treatment of Mood Disorders
• Working with clients who are involved in family court litigation
• Group therapy
• Gender Identifying
• Working with grandparents who are raising grandchildren
• Human Sexuality
• Working with the LGBTQ community
• Blended Families
• Working with the military and their families
• Developments in neuroscience/relevance to psychotherapy
• Personality Disorders
• Psychopharmacology for therapists
• PTSD/Trauma & Co-Occurring Disorders
• Spousal/Partner Abuse Detection/Intervention
• Advanced clinical supervision
• Treating suicidal clients
• Working with difficult emotions (i.e. anger, shame, fear)
• Yoga or Meditation as an adjunct to therapy
These are just a few suggestions of topics of interest, generally speaking we are interested in proposals about any professional expertise you may want to share.
To propose a presentation/workshop for consideration by the Events Committee please contact Chaundra Prehara, Education and Events Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 650.678.9983.