Your Attitude Determines Your Success! How to Rediscover Your BadAss Self!
Presented by: Kelly Orchard, M.A., LMFT
March 29, 2019
9:30 - 11:30
41550 Eclectic Street
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Cost: $20 Licensed Members/Guests, $10 Pre-Licensed Members
Light Refreshments Provided
We all have worries and fears that can dis-empower us and keep us stuck. And this can cause us to be anxious, depressed … uptight! And, that causes us to not enjoy life like we could be … should be … want to be! Well, is there a simple way to shift your attitude from negative to positive? Being Badass is not about being macho or a curmudgeon or someone dangerous – and it’s NOT about following the crowd! Today’s urban culture refers to a badass as someone who is independent, competent, and persistent - a person who is responsible and courageous with a high degree of integrity and honor.
A ‘badass’ is someone who is ‘driven by values such as wisdom, courage, compassion, personal growth, selflessness, and positivity. Your attitude determines your success! This presentation promises to build your confidence, purpose, coolness; improve your attitude and help you rediscover your badass self! Utilizing methods from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused and Positive Psychology and Neuroscience, you will learn how to create your own “BadAss Soundtrack”, which had proven to provide an instant attitude adjustment and a personalized tool for you and your clients to use to increase positivity and healthy attitude.
1. Participants will learn how to ‘flip the format’ on negative thoughts through positive psychology and music.
2. Participants will learn about the specific benefits of neuroscience and CBT to promote positivity.
3. Participants will learn how to create their own “BadAss Soundtrack” by attaching warm memories to songs.
4. Participants will learn how to break down their 4 Domains in Life in order to discover areas in their life that are already BadAss, which builds confidence and purpose.
5. Participants will learn how to use methods in neuroscience and positive psychology to enhance treatment goals.
6. Participants will experience one interactive and fun music discovery (or re-discovery).
1. To learn about the modality of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Positive psychology and how to promote a positive attitude shift with clients and themselves.
2. To learn how attaching happy memories to music benefits the individual.
3. To learn how to create your own BadAss Soundtrack for your personal development, and learn new tools to teach client.
Kelly Orchard is a professional speaker, author and trainer and Licensed Psychotherapist. In addition to more than 30 years in the business of broadcasting, she has a Master’s Degree in Psychology and a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science with an emphasis in Organizational Leadership. Kelly specializes in working with businesses and individuals in times of trouble,
turmoil and transition, by creating a positive and profitable workplace. Kelly’s strategic coaching and leadership tools are a reliable, repeatable process that has been proven in the workplace. Kelly is a powerful story-teller – a craft she honed with her three decades in radio as part of family-owned operation, FCC Compliance consulting, and visiting hundreds of broadcast facilities. She is the author of 5 books, including her Prescriptive Memoir, Heart Lessons and her series of self-help books, Kelly Orchard’s Apple A Day, for daily nourishment
for wisdom, success and personal growth.
This course meets the qualifications for two (2) hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Completion certificates will be awarded for full attendance of the event. Course evaluations are required to obtain the completion certificate.
The Desert Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage Family Therapists (Provider #62275) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. The Desert Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for the course and its content. [This venue is ADA acceptable.
If you have any special needs, please call 760-346-4606 at least 7 days prior to the event.] The Desert Chapter’s Refund, Grievance and ADA Policies are described under Events on the Chapter website at www.desert-camft.org.