Mirror Mirror on the Wall - Who’s the Fairest of Them All?
Do You Have A Narcissist in Your Practice?
Presented by: Louise Stanger, Ed. D, LCSW, CDWF, CIP
May 17, 2019 10:00 - 12:00
41550 Eclectic St, Room 103
Palm Desert, CA 92260
2 CEU’s Available
Pre-Registration Cost: $30 Licensed Chapter Members, $35 Guests, $15 Pre-licensed Members
At the door cost: $40 Licensed Members, $45 Guests, $20 Pre-licensed Members
Light Refreshments Provided
This presentation explores narcissism, its origins, meaning and how it shows up in our lives and in our clinical practices.
1. Participants will be able to describe and discern what Narcissistic Personality Disorder is and how it compares with Borderline Personality Disorder
2. Participants will investigate narcissism as an attachment disorder and look at clinical intervention strategies
3. Participants will question whether narcissism is an addictive quality in the cycle of abuse
4. Participants will learn how our culture fosters narcissism
5. Participants will see these objectives be amplified by using case examples
1. Participants will understand the concept of narcissism, how to identify narcissistic clients and treatment strategies for narcissistic clients
2. Participants will understand the ways to navigate narcissism in a variety of settings: with bosses, with loved ones and in clinical settings
Dr. Louise has been a licensed clinician (BBS 4581) since 1973 and uses a variety of evidenced based modalities of which she has been trained in including but not limited to MI, SFT, Mindfulness, CBT, 12 step, Daring Way-Rising Strong as she helps families whose loved ones experience, Substance Abuse, Process Disorders, Mental health and physical maladies such as Chronic Pain. In doing so she has worked in a variety of settings. In addiction, she created
original curriculum for a Chronic Pain treatment center and worked clinically with clients and families to promote lasting change. In 2018 she was awarded The Peggy Albrecht Friendly House Award for Clinical Excellence.
This course meets the qualifications for two (2) hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Completion certificates will be awarded for full attendance of the event. Course evaluations are required to obtain the completion certificate.
The Desert Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage Family Therapists (Provider #62275) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. The Desert Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for the course and its content. [This venue is ADA acceptable. If you have any special needs, please call 760-346-4606 at least 7 days prior to the event.] The Desert Chapter’s Refund, Grievance and ADA Policies are described under Events on the Chapter website at www.desert-camft.org.
Desert Chapter — California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (DESERT-CAMFT)For general info, please email: email@example.com. For specific departments, please click "Contact" in the menu above.